Treasure of the Month! Repurposed Teal Marquise Necklace
Teal is a color I'm often drawn to so this intricate piece is one of my favorites! It also contains a feature with an interesting historical tidbit . . . within the center of this necklace, resting on an intricate circle of filigree, is a vintage bit with three marquise cut stones. Where did the term "marquise cut" originate? Legend tells us that King Louis XV of France (1710-1774) commissioned a jeweler to design a cut shape that resembled the lips of his mistress, Jean Antoinette Poisson, the Marchioness Madame de Pompadour! Oh la la! The name stuck and the marquise cut developed into the distinctive shape we see today.
Thankfully, one doesn't have to be a royal to wear this marquise cut stone design. And whether you wear Teal Marquise with denim or silk, you'll be sure to feel like royalty!
- One of a kind
- Meticulously hand-stitched quality pearls form chain
- Crochet toggle wraps securely and easily around pearl bauble
- Antique brass, nickel and lead-free setting
- 18" in length + 1-3/4” pendant drop (may be shortened by simply pulling pearl bauble through toggle and letting it drop gracefully down back of neck)
- Includes gift box tied with elegant ribbon - perfect for gifting!