Upcycled Vintage Black & Gold Necklace Treasure of the Month!
Upcycled using a vintage earring marked "West Germany," the Mysterious necklace reminds me of a gazing ball I sometimes see in a garden. The intricate detail of its centerpiece is fascinating, indeed, to gaze upon!
Gazing balls were first introduced in 13th century Venice and created by artisan glass blowers. But gazing balls have served many purposes over the years - including being used to spy on young lovers and alert Victorian butlers when guests might need attention! Fun fact: "Mad” King Ludwig of Bavaria's love of gazing balls led to the use of glass baubles as Christmas tree ornaments!
You'll love wearing Mysterious with jeans or dressy black, and do share the history of gazing balls as others gaze upon you wearing it!
- Meticulously hand-stitched Austrian crystal pearls form chain
- Crochet toggle wraps securely and easily around pearl bauble
- Antique brass, nickel and lead-free setting
- 18" in length + 1-3/4” pendant drop (may be shortened by simply pulling pearl bauble through toggle and letting it drop gracefully down back of neck)
- Includes gift box tied with elegant ribbon - perfect for gifting!
Model: thestylepsych.com | Photo: crystalcoronaphotography.com