Sometimes less is more. And sometimes more is better - especially when it comes to layering necklaces! Layering can make a striking statement if blended well (not that there are any specific rules!). In this photo, the lovely Annika is wearing one of my Classic Collection necklaces layered with a Simplicity necklace and my soon-to-be-released Gatsby necklace (more on that at the end of this post!). Layering can be fun, add interest, and show off your own unique style.
Here are some quick tips to keep in mind when layering:
1. Choose a statement piece to be the focal point, the star of the show. Any necklace from the Classic Collection will work for this!
2. Choose 2-5 necklaces to be your supporting cast. Try them on to be sure they can all be seen and don’t overlap or upstage each other. The Simplicity necklace is a lovely choice.
3. Check your color tones. Try to stay with all warm colors (those that go well with gold) or cool colors (those that go well with silver).
4. Keep your earrings simple. Dangly earrings and layers of necklaces can look like the mall parking lot on Black Friday!
5. Finally, don’t be afraid to break the “rules!” Mix lengths, metals, shapes and textures to emphasize your own unique personality. Most of all, have fun!
P. S. If you'd like to know when the Gatsby necklace and other new designs are available please join my list!
Photo courtesy of crystalcoronaphotography.com