Jewelry is an investment; and since my jewelry is created with treasures that have already withstood the test of time, my hope is that each piece is passed down through your family and enjoyed for many more years to come. So here's my list of 7 ways to keep your jewelry looking as elegant as the day you chose it:
- Beware of seatbelts and hugs. Though both are are lifesavers, try not to let your necklace get crushed while strapping in or caught during an affectionate embrace!
- Apply cosmetics, hair products, lotions, perfumes and powders prior to donning your jewelry.
- Remove jewelry before showering, swimming, sunbathing and exercising to prevent exposure to moisture.
- Keep your wearable pieces of art out of direct sunlight.
- Metals may tarnish over time due to oxygen and natural body oils. To reduce tarnishing, store jewelry in a sealed bag or box in a dry, dark and cool place. I promise, they've been in places like this before and will be fine as long as they know you'll bring them out to wear again (wink, wink!)
I hope you found these tips helpful. Join my email list for more tips, behind-the-scenes, and special subscriber-only sales!